For todays Maths activity we are going to set up a toy tombola.
You will need:
- A pen and some paper
- a small box,basket or bag
- 5,10 or 20 small toys (to match the number set up)
To Set up
- Write the numbers your child is learning (1-5,1-10,1-20) on the paper, then cut each number.
- Fold the numbers up, and put them into the box. basket or bag.
- Lay the small toys in a line for children to find. (number the toys too that way they can match the toys and tickets up)
- Shake the box of numbers and say. "Roll up Roll up!"
- Ask children to choose a ticket and open it up. (FIddly, but let them do it. )
- Once they know their number,count along the toy line together to find out which toy they've 'won'
- Remove the toy they've won, and replace it in the line the number.
- Repeat until all the toys have been won. By this point, your kids will have cointed several times over and will also have a number line.
Let's keep with the Maths theme and here is my favourite Number rhyme that rhymes.
Expressive arts and design.
Could you make five currant buns. (the reciepe is for 12)