Year Six - Class Teacher
We are looking for someone who wants to teach Year Six – we know it’s often seen as a tough year but we believe it is a great year group and a privilege to be able to educate and nurture our children in readiness for the next stage in their educational career.
- want to teach Year Six
- understand that SATs, whilst a necessity, are not the most important part of the year
- will ensure our children are fully prepared to make their unique contribution to society
- display a willingness to foster and develop home-school links
- ooze enthusiasm, motivation and creativity
- are ambitious and want to be the best you can be
- will contribute positively to our school community
- will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school.
Then you need to apply for this post!
In return we can offer you:
- amazing children who are hardworking and proud to be part of our school community
- a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring staff team committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities
- induction for all and excellent opportunities for professional development
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future
- the opportunity to work with colleagues across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education
- access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme
We are focused on creating a vibrant community where every person makes their contribution to creating a better society. Our vision is of a joyful place where children are empowered to explore their potential through educational excellence within an environment of spiritual growth and well-being.
Our school is set in a large traditional Victorian building in the heart of Lambeth, the cultural hub of London. Our school is small and because of this we know every child and we can fulfil our aim to help every child be the best they can be. Our location brings the possibility of world leading teaching assets on your doorstep. Furthermore, our school, the Borough of Lambeth and the Southwark Diocese of Education offer high quality, tailored Induction, CPD and career development opportunities.
Please read the full job description and person specification which you can download at the bottom of this listing.
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale
To start: September 2019
Further Details: via the school website or on the school’s Facebook and Twitter pages
To arrange a visit: Please call 0207 735 4898
Applications close: Tuesday 4th June
Shortlisting Wednesday 5th June
Interviews: Week beginning 10th June
To arrange a visit or request an application pack call us on 0207 735 4898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application documents are also available to download via the school website.
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.