As you aware there was marches at the weekend to end racism and support #Black Lives Matter.
I found this story online that explains to children the importance of peaceful protest.
This story is about a children's march that took place in Birmingham Alabama in 1963.
Let the children March
Discuss with your child
- Why is it important that everybody is treated the same?
- What should we do if someone is not treated the fairly or the same?
- If you saw someone being treated unfairly what would do?
For Mathematics I would like you to try this activity.
You will need:
- Pom poms or something to go inside the bottle/containers.
To set up:
- Label the bottles/ containers with numbers
- Get your child to order the bottles from smallest to biggest
- Put the correct amount of pom poms in the containers.