Today's activity is to encourage your child to use their Gross motor skills and promote their knowledge of Letter recognition.
It also involves Music.
You will need:
- 10 pieces of paper
- a pen
- something to play music on.
To set up:
- On each piece of paper write some letters. It could be the letters from your child's name or phonics sounds or words.
- Spread the letters onto the floor.
- Get the music ready.
- Explain to your child that whilst the music plays you can dance and run in between the letters. Then, when the music stops, you jump on a letter or word and shout it out.
- Play alongside your child, you jump on a letter and shout out the sound when the music stops.
- Remove the letters you have jumped on an start the muisc again.
- Keep playing until there is one letter left or until all the letters have gone.
This week is based on money. For today's task I would like you to play another Topmarks game.
This game can help your child to order , sort and count coins.
Wishing you a lovely day!