What a horrible change to the weather! hopefully the sun will have his hat on again.
For today's activity we are going to play a matching game by doing a Name Match.
You will need:
- a pen
- some paper
- a bowl
To set up :
- Write your name on a piece of paper twice. (X2)
- Write your child'd name twice (x2)
- Cut out one of each name into individual letters.
- Fold the letters up and pop one of each name into individual letters.
- leave the complete names nearby
- Take it in turns to pull a letter from the bowl.
- Match it to the letters of complete names
- keep going until both names are spelled out.
Did you know that the Gruffalo is a rhyming story?
Here is Julia Donaldson and her Husband performing the Gruffalo Song.
Can you do some of the actions?
Gruffalo song performed by Julia Donaldson