Todays activity is "tell me a story from your head." This is a great game for Speech and Language development.
You will need:
- Something to write on
- Your imagination
- Ask your child if they would like to hear a story. As you tell your story stop when you get a get to a part with a Constonant-Vowel-Constonant (CVC) word for example Box (or a simple word) and write the word instead of saying it. To mix it up, let your child choose parts of the story too.
- Here are some examples:
You Say "One morning, I woke up and got some cereal from a ......." then write Box
You Say "Then I put my trousers and my pink ...." then write Top
You Say "Then I went to the ......" then write a word of your child's choice and continue the story.
You Say "with my lovely fluffy ...." then write cat /dog /rat
You say "suddendly I saw ...." let your child choose what you saw
You say "the .......said ......."
You say "which made the fluffy ......... terrified and run away."
Remember to write The End.
- Can you sort the items into those that floated and those that did not?
- How many things floated?
- How many things sunk?
- Which item was the heaviest?
- What item was the lightest?
- Can you sort the items into Heavy and Light?
Understanding the World