Today I want you to be book dectectives by finding some letters.
You will need:
- A pen and some paper
To set up:
- Lay the books out on the ground so you can see the front covers clearly.
- Write six letters on the paper that you see on the cover of the books.
- next to each letter draw a small tick box
- Explain to your child that they have to find each of the letters you have written down on the paper by searching the covers of the books.
- Let them choose which letter they want to look for first.
- Once they found a match, put a tick next to the box next to the letter.
- Once if they have found all the letters you could repeat with a new set of letters
- If your child is a confident writer get then to write down five letters they can see for you to find.
Maths and Communcation and Language
- How many shapes can you see?
- How many clouds look like rectangles or trinangles?
- Do any look like any Animals?
- Can you make a tally chart or tick chart to count the amount of animals?
- Can you make up a story using the cloud shapes you see?
For today's challenge can you complete a Jigsaw puzzle or make your own? (Remember how I showed you how to make one on Monday.)
Miss Bagnall and Family