It's Maths week! So everyday we will will giving you some ideas of maths ideas you can do with your child at home.
Today I am going to share with you NUMBER Pairs and then explain how it can be extended into a matching game.
You will need:
- A4 paper or thin card
To set up:
- Fold a piece of A4 paper or card three times to give you eight equal rectangles.
- Cut out the rectangles
- Write pairs of numbers on the rectangles. So write 1 on two of the rectangles, then write 2 on two of them and so on up to 4
- Mix the rectangles up and turn them facedown so you can't see the numbers.
- Play until all the rectangles have gone. If one player gets all the rectangles than the other they win or perhaps you will get two each therefore it will be a draw.
Alternatively create game cards that have a corresponding amount to the number.
For our story today I thought I would share with you my favourite book that involves numbers.
How Big is a million?
- I wonder what is your favourite number?
- I wonder what is the biggest number you know?
- What is the highest number you can up to?
- I wonder if you can guess how many beans are in a tin of beans?