Today's post is inspired by my son Jacob and his love of making noise from random objects especially in the kitchen.
It is called Kitchen Disco/ Kitchen Rockband. This is great for Exploring media and materials and being imaginative.
You will need:
- Pots and pans and containers that can be bashed!
- Wooden spoons
- Ear plugs (optional)
- If your child likes to make some noise let them explore the sounds the pots and pan and containers make.
- Let them bash some tunes and make up some songs
- Start by singing a nursey rhyme and see if they can bash out the rhytm.
- If you have a radio in your kitchen get them to play along to the song on the radio
- Don't forget to join into and unleash your Inner Rockstar.
Thinking of Disco's this activity has reminded me of a story for our Literacy task.
- What is your favourite fruit from the story?
- What dance moves can you perform?
- If you could hold a kitchen disco who would you invite?
- Can you count the amount of fruit you have in your house?
For Mathematics today can you count the amount and select the correct number of fruit and vegetables in the picture provided.