St John the Divine Primary School follows Lambeth Local Authority procedures for admissions.
St John the Divine Church of England School has a distinctive Christian ethos which is at the heart of the school and provides an inclusive, caring and supportive environment where children learn and flourish in a setting shaped by Christian values. We welcome applications from all members of the community and we ask all parents to respect the Christian ethos of our school and its importance to our community.
The Governing Body is responsible for admission to St John the Divine Church of England School and admits 26 pupils to the Nursery class and 30 to the Reception class each year. The Governing Body is required to abide by the maximum limits for infant classes (5, 6 and 7 year olds), i.e., 30 pupils per class.
When there are more applications than there are places available the Governors will admit children according to the following critera, in order of priority.
- Looked After Children (LAC) or previously looked after children.
- Children with an exceptional and professionally supported medical or social need for a place at this school. This Must be supported by written evidence, e.g., from a specialist health professional, social worker or other care professional, which sets out the reasons why this school is the most suitable school and the difficulties that would be caused if teh child had to attend another school.
- Children whose parents/guardians are faithful and regular worshippers at the Parish Church of St John the Divine, Kennington.
- Children whose parents/guardians are faifthful and regular worshippers at other local Anglican (Church of England) Parish Churches, and have been for at least one year. Please refer to the list below.
- Children whose parents/guardians are faithful and regular worshippers at one of the Oriental Orthodox churches (up to a maximum of 3 places)
- Children who will have a brother and/or sister attending the school at the time of admission.
- Children in order of the nearness of the home to school, measured by a straight line. Please note, distance is calculated in order of the nearness of the home to the school, measured by a 'straight line'
Further information on the over-subscription criteria can be viewed on our Admissions Policy.
To view an admissions policy, please click on the link below.
Admissions Policy 2016 -2017
In-Year Application Form 2015 - 2016
Admissions Policy 2015 - 2016
Admissions Policy 2014 -2015
Applications under the church criteria will need to be supported by a supplementary church form.
These will only be accepted for the following churches:
- St John the Divine
- St Agnes, Kennington Park
- St Michael's, Camberwell
- St Giles, Camberwell
Supplementary Church Form
Please contact the school office for up-to-date information on admissions or complete the enquiry form below.
For up-to-date information from your Local Authority please follow one of the links below, link addresses for both Lambeth and Southwark Councils are provided due to our location.
Lambeth - Schools Admissions Webpage
Southwark - Schools admissions webpage